Molino-Museo Alto de Santa Ana

Molino de Santa Ana, 29. 23150, Valdepeñas de Jaén How to get

Hydraulic flour mill of Arab origin with three floors. The construction is in benches, adapting to the skirt of a hillside. Inside it, tools and tools from the 19th century are exhibited.



Arranged visits. Weekends: 10am to 2pm / 5pm to 8pm.

It was the first, and therefore the oldest, to operate in Valdepeñas. He began grinding the day on August 15, 1540 and had two grinding stones. Its owner, Juanín LeClerque, called it Molino Alto de Santa Ana and, in addition, he built a second mill, called Bajo de Santa Ana, which also had two stones. Both mills were the only ones that existed in Valdepeñas until the 18th century.

In 1787, the fulling mill, used until then to weed wool, was transformed into a mill, and which was built in the area of El Ejido de San Sebastián by Doña Catalina González de Medina.

It is currently dedicated to a museum and divided into three sections: Portal, dedicated to the historical part; Mill, dedicated to the mill, its parts and operation; and Horno, which houses a small sample of objects and techniques typical of the popular arts and customs of Valdepeñas and its region.