La Higuera

Lahiguera is a town in the east of the district of Campiña.


Data of interest

Tourist area: Sierra Morena/Sierras de Andújar y Despeñaperros
Distance to the capital: 31
Altitude above sea level (m): 220
Extension (Km2): 45
No. of Inhabitants: 1921
Demonym: Higuereños
Postal Code: 23746

The town is situated on top of a ridge from which it is possible to make out the Guadalquivir river to the north and the sierras of Jaén to the south. It’s an agricultural community with the entire area dedicated to farmland. Olives make up 80% of the land and arable crops the remaining 20%, mainly located on the riverbanks of the Salado de Arjona. The economy of Lahiguera revolves around olive farming, olive oil production and kitchen furniture. Its architectural heritage includes the old church of Nuestra Señora María de la Consolación (Our Lady Mary of the Consolation), which was built between the end of the 15th century and the beginnings of the 16th century.


Source of information

Ayto. La higuera


Contenido Audiovisual

Plan your trip