Ermita de San Juan Bautista

Singular places

Jabalquinto. Jaén. 23712, Jabalquinto How to get

Built by order of the Marchioness Doña Catalina de Rojas y Sandoval, the first stone was laid in 1635. The stone wall, about three meters high, was built later, around 1820, using stones from the old and ruined castle. It is currently deconsecrated and equipped as a home; although not inhabited and in a dilapidated state.

Behind the Palace is a house that was once the hermitage of San Juan Bautista: it preserves the structure of the convent façades from the 17th century, a small belfry and, of course, remarkable ironwork as the tradition of Jabalquinto dictates.