This municipality is part of:
A town alongside the Andalusia motorway in the centre of the district of Norte. The majority of the municipal area is made up of unfarmed pastureland containing holm oaks, Mediterranean scrubland and replanted forests. Its origins go back to the 18th century when it was founded as part of the Sierra Morena colonisation initiative of King Carlos III.
Tourist area Sierra Morena Cercano a P.N. Sierra de Andújar y P.N. Despeñaperros
Distance to the capital (km) 52
Altitude above sea level (m)350
Extensión (Km2): 96
No. of Inhabitants 2.724
Postal Code 23210
Ayuntamiento de Guarromán,, Calle Iglesia, 18
The town’s name comes from the location chosen for its foundation: the old Venta de Guadarromán.
The artisan pastries of Guarromán are particularly renowned, especially its puff pastries.
Highlights of the town’s historic heritage include the Iglesia Parroquial de la Inmaculada Concepción (Parochial Church of the Immaculate Conception), dating from the end of the 18th century, and the Pósitro de Labradores (Farmers’ Granary), built in 1789. Both were built in the architectural style of the so-called “New Towns”.
Source of information