Las Viñas Trail
It is a circular path of average difficulty, in which we will find a great diversity of very interesting elements.
It starts in the Cuadros recreational area, parallel to the Aldelfal de Cuadros path, which allows us to enjoy beautiful views of the adelfal and its flowering roses in spring and summer. Little by little we will ascend and get to know the main water springs of Bedmar (Los Sistillos), always accompanied by the extraordinary views of this unique place.
From the village of Bedmar, take the road that leads to the Sanctuary of the Virgin of Cuadros. Just before crossing the bridge over the river, turn off along the track on the left until you reach the Adelfal de Cuadros recreational area, the starting point of this path.
TOTAL DISTANCE (IN KILOMETERS)
ESTIMATED RUN TIME
Type of firm
DIFFICULTY. ASSESSMENT ACCORDING TO METHOD MEASURE
Severity of the natural environment
Orientation in the itinerary
Amount of effort required
MUNICIPAL TERMS BY WHICH IT RUNSBedmar y Garcíez Sierra Mágina
- Compared to COVID19, keep a safe distance and wear a mask, avoid crowding and contact with surfaces, wash your hands frequently, use hydroalcoholic gel and consult the digital materials available. Take care of your health and that of others.
- Collaborate to avoid fires. Do not throw cigarettes or any other object that produces combustion.
- By consuming local products and having local businesses you will contribute to rural development.
- Live respectfully with the local people and other users. Respect private goods and properties.
- Travel in a sustainable way: public transport, cycling, walking, car sharing
- Noise is another form of pollution. In silence you will enjoy your experience more.
- Make it easy for people with special needs to use it.
- Trash does not come back alone. Take it with you to the nearest container. Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Don't leave a trace of your passage through nature.
- Practice responsible tourism and be committed to the environment. Be a true ecotourist!
- Respect the facilities made available to you. We all pay for their maintenance.
- Consult the weather forecast before starting your activity.
- Avoid going out alone. If you do, inform other people of the route and time of return.
- Be extremely careful in adverse conditions and in the occasional presence of animals or motor vehicles.
- Find out beforehand if there is any hunting activity.
- Bring water, sun protection, suitable clothing and footwear.
- Carry a mobile phone with a sufficient battery in case of emergency (112), but remember that there is not always coverage.
- Do not disturb or feed the animals. You will negatively alter their behaviour.
- For your safety and that of the environment, do not leave the marked path or take shortcuts.
- Remember that it is forbidden to capture animals, light fires, fish and collect plants or minerals.
- If you bring a dog, keep it on a leash and make sure it does not disturb other animals or people.
- Your safety is our concern, but it is your responsibility.
Thank you for your collaboration!
In our ascent we will find abundant cornicabra. This plant acquires shades from yellow to red in autumn, the best moment to appreciate the beauty of these formations.
We will climb up to privileged locations from which we will have a wide panoramic view of the Sierra Mágina Natural Park. A varied vegetation will be offered to us as we go along, both natural and cultivated. We will also be able to learn about the history and heritage of these mountains.
If we make a detour, we can visit the viewpoint in the Torreón de Cuadros. This watchtower overlooks the steep valley of the Cuadros River and a beautiful landscape of orchards and crops. The contrast of this landscape is well worth the little effort when making a detour.
To finish the path we will pass by the beautiful hermitage of the Virgen de Cuadros, and next to the impressive Cueva del Agua, ideal to visit in summer and cool off, if we want to walk inside the river and discover three caves through which the river flows forming spectacular formations as a result of the water flowing over time. In this case, it is advisable to take shoes and clothes for the water.
Source of information